Las Vegas Lawyers Helping with Business Entity Formation
The Las Vegas law office of Ken R. Ashworth & Associates advises Southern Nevada businesses of all types and sizes, from the entity formation of a start-up to dissolution, mergers, and restructuring. We excel in the drafting of contracts for all aspects of business and business formation, from purchase orders to complex multinational deal structures. We also place special focus on civil litigation to resolve business disputes to your satisfaction.
In other words, when it comes to business formation law, we do it all — articles of incorporation, by-laws, partnerships, annual filings and lists of officers — every facet of the wide world of American business. We perform these services with our motto of excellence, integrity, and credibility as our guide. We are proud to contribute in these ways to the corporate and economic climate of Nevada and the U.S.
We are, after all, business owners ourselves. We know the ins and outs of start-ups, entity options, contracts, taxation considerations, commercial real estate, and the employment law issues you may face. We can relate to your business dreams and realities. You, in turn, can trust our law firm’s more than 20 years of experience representing entrepreneurs just like you.
Contact us online or call 702-893-9500 today to set up your free initial consultation.
Excellence, Integrity, Credibility in Representing Your Business Needs
There is a wide range of business entities you can consider. Our experienced business formation lawyers can help you in the creation of any of the following:
- C corporations
- S corporations
- Professional corporations (PC)
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Limited partnerships (LP)
- Family limited partnerships (FLP)
- Joint ventures
- Merger and acquisitions
- Business succession
- Sole proprietorships
At the law offices of Ken R. Ashworth & Associates, we want to play a major role in the success of your emerging company and forge a lasting and mutually beneficial relationship as your counsel. Whether your business interest niche is gaming or high tech, whether your immediate needs are taxation advice or litigation, we want you to be able to reach us at any time, from anywhere.
We look forward to meeting you and hearing how we can help during your free initial consultation. Contact our trusted Las Vegas law offices today. You will appreciate how our commitment to excellence, integrity, and credibility can translate to profitability for your business.
Why Do You Need a Nevada Business Formation Lawyer to Help You Start Your Business?
It can be difficult to justify spending money to hire a business formation attorney when you can fill out the forms to create a business entity and file the forms yourself with the Nevada Secretary of State. While that is an option, it may not necessarily be the best option for you or your company. Below are common reasons your company may need the assistance of a Nevada business law attorney.
- Understanding the different business entities. The business entity you choose for your company impacts every aspect of business operation from the payment of taxes and the ability to obtain capital to personal liability protection and the ability to take the company public. If you do not understand the various pros and cons of each business entity, you could choose an entity that results in costly, and time-consuming legal problems and issues in the future.
- Focus on operating the business. Instead of spending your time learning the legal processes involved in forming a business, hiring a Nevada business formation attorney allows you to continue to focus on important aspects of your business, such as obtaining investors, locating an office, creating a marketing strategy, and preparing to launch your startup.
- Obtaining licenses and permits. Most businesses are required to obtain one or more permits and licenses to conduct business in Nevada. In some cases, local government entities require special licenses and permits for businesses within their jurisdiction. Failing to obtain the required permits and licenses could be costly. An attorney can help you avoid errors that could shut your business down or cost additional money to correct.
- Assistance in protecting intellectual property and trade secrets. A business formation attorney in Las Vegas can draft contracts and agreements that protect trade secrets and intellectual property. All businesses can benefit from using nondisclosure agreement, confidentiality agreements, and non-compete agreements.
- Reducing personal liability and risk. Some business entities provide a higher level of protection from personal liability. An attorney can analyze your potential risk and provide advice and strategies for limiting your personal liability risk.
- Creating contracts and agreements. In addition to agreements that protect trade secrets and intellectual property, your company also benefits from customized business contacts and agreements. The forms you find online are not tailored to your company and often do not contain the terms, conditions, and restrictions required for a valid contract or agreement.
- Review tax and employment issues. These two issues are the source of many legal problems for new companies. Compliance with federal and state tax and employment laws is essential if you want to avoid time-consuming, costly litigation, fines, and fees. A Nevada business law attorney guides new companies through the complex issues related to employment law and the payment of various tax obligations.
Retaining a business lawyer in Las Vegas is not required to begin a business. However, having an experienced attorney to work with can help you avoid errors and delays that could hurt your business now and in the future.
Get Your Business Started on The Right Foot. Contact Our Attorneys Today
How can we help you with your entity formation plans? Schedule your free initial consultation with the skilled business lawyers at Ken R. Ashworth & Associates. Please call us at 702-893-9500 or contact us online.